Yup we went backwards one day. That’s OK though. 2 steps forward, 1 step back still gets you there….it’s just slower. They need the infection in his central line to be gone before they start the chemotherapy. He received antibiotics today. Tomorrow morning they will take blood and run the culture tests again. If by Wednesday morning, nothing is growing, then they will start the chemotherapy that we call day -7. Stephen isn’t feeling to great because he has a fever and some abdominal pain. Hopefully he’ll feel better tomorrow. He’s been able to eat a little and go for a couple of walks. We got the results from his PET scan from last Thursday. It shows that his cancer has grown some. I don’t think this will effect anything. I think it just confirms the decision to do a tandem transplant rather than just one transplant.
Here is a picture of Stephen ‘gowning up’ for a walk to get a chest x-ray.